- Isaiah Johnson: the true freshman looks to be heading toward a starting role this year alongside Cooper Taylor. The new #1 continues to impress with his football savvy & physical play. If you ask his teammates they'll tell you he has a chance to be a very special player on the Flats.
- Euclid Cummings: the 6'4", 265 pound RS freshman defensive end has really matured both physically & mentally & looks to be in the rotation as the 3rd defensive end. Strong play from Cummings & fellow RS freshman Emmanuel Dieke will go a long way in solving any depth issues we may have on the defensive line. Reports from practice so far have been positive.
- Will Jackson: it has been more a question of "when" than "if" for the RS freshman guard & it looks like the time is now. Jackson has looked strong in camp & figures to take over the starting right guard spot from Nick McRae. Jay Finch has also continued to look good & may see time at both center & guard as a back-up.
- Fred Holton: the true freshman safety may see the field on special teams this year. He's lived up to the billing as a fierce hitter.
- Jeremiah Attaochu: according to his teammates he has a wealth a physical tools & has looked terrific at times in practice. He's very raw & needs to understand the game better but we desperately need depth at OLB & he's put himself squarely in the mix.
A brief "Five" today as we'll have our usual post-scrimmage breakdown tomorrow afternoon. Hope those who can make it out & if you can't, check back here for our reports.