Wednesday, January 13, 2010

CPJ press conference update...

Coach Johnson just finished his end-of-the-year "wrap-up" press conference. Not a lot of new info but a couple nuggets to pass on:
  • Anthony Allen will enter spring practice as the starting B-back (as we predicted).
  • Cooper Taylor will be ready for spring practice. Kyle Jackson & Robert Hall are 50/50.
  • We need to improve our passing efficiency & blocking up front to take the next step. We'll go more in-depth on this later but expect a major shake-up on the offensive line this Fall.
  • As far as a new defensive coordinator: "We have some scenarios in play, but it’s just a matter of making some decisions and finalizing for the next defensive coordinator. I want somebody that has a system and can defend it. I don’t care what kind of scheme they have as long as they can teach it and have a proven track record. Sometimes guys just need a chance and at one point somebody had to give me a chance. We are looking for the whole package with guys that can work together and get along. The last thing we want is an internal struggle. We will put it all together and I have two or three scenarios." Interesting statement on CPJ's part. Could we be going with a younger "up & comer" if Groh is not in play? I personally hope so......
  • Best line of the day - when asked about coaching changes CPJ responded: "I was excited about the Redskin's job (defensive coordinator) until I saw Jim Haslett got it. Really, I'm worried about my job here. The way we played in the last game I'm hoping to keep it." As always, his humor shines through....
Not much else to report as it was pretty boiler plate today.....
-Hash

No comments:

Post a Comment