Wednesday, October 21, 2009

The good, the bad, & ........


White Russians & Walter's for this week. We certainly could give out a few after Saturday's festivities on the Flats but here goes:

For service to the Institute above & beyond the call of duty, including kicking the shit out of turkey-like creatures from the hinterlands of Virginia, we bestow the following White Russians:
  • The crowd at Bobby Dodd Stadium at Historic Grant Field on Saturday night. Holy Shit we were loud. "SEC" loud. Between the yelling & copious amounts of bourbon I drank, I still sound like Kathleen Turner. The players after the game commented on how loud we were. So did several of the recruits we had there. ESPN's Heather Dinich said our crowd was "louder than anything she's heard in Lane Stadium this fall". Take that, Hokies. Well done fans. And for those interested, the song that sent the Tech sideline into a frenzy & was played in the locker room after the game is Travis Porter's "Turnt Up". Nothing like a white boy in Smyrna rolling around in his '99 Honda Civic listening to Travis Porter. I'm sure my neighbor's love me...
The House that Dodd built was rockin' on Saturday night
  • The Tech defense. Tons of credit to our players & coaches for getting it turned around. After tough games at Mississippi State & F$U we regrouped, retooled, & played a whale of a game on Saturday. Can't say enough about the pride & tenacity these players & coaches showed on Saturday night. Yeoman work. Check out the Architect's post on our defensive woes from last week, as usual, his diagnosis was right on the money...
  • Scott Blair. Yeah, I know. Surprising to find our somewhat inconsistent kicker here drinking a White Russian. And hey, there weren't any field goals on Saturday?? I'll explain. Scott Blair is a tackling machine. With speed. He ran down Hokie kick returner Dyrell Roberts. Slammed him to the turf. In fact, Blair made 3 TD saving tackles on kick returns this week. More on that later but for now, drink up young man....
This week's Walter's:

There are rules, Smokey....
  • Virginia Tech safety/mind-reader Kam Chancellor. Mr. Chancellor was kind enough at ACC media day this year to let us all in on a little secret: he can predict the future. Concerning the Tech offense he opined: "I can tell, run, pass, who's getting the ball". Really, Kam? Is that why you had 9 assists and ZERO solo tackles on Saturday night? Nostradamus? More like Nostradickhead. Being that 5'5" Marcus Wright steamrolled you for a touchdown and crushed you on a crack-back block leading to another, will you please shut the fuck up!!!! What a clown.....
Kam Chancellor stars as "Ass-hat" the clown in, "Georgia Tech just gave me a beat down, & I knew it was coming". On my DVR all this week...
  • Our kickoff coverage. Yikes. Please see Scott Blair above. Not good when your kicker is consistently making tackles on kick returns. We gotta solve this. Soon....
  • Lane Kiffin. Mr. Kiffin flew in on a helicopter to see Juwuan James & Tech commitment Denzel McCoy last friday night. He put the full-court-press on McCoy to decommit to absolutely no avail. “One of the things I liked about Tech was, Coach [Giff] Smith and Coach [Paul] Johnson, they didn’t tell me what I wanted to hear,” McCoy said. “They were telling me the truth about things. That whole helicopter thing, it’s not for me.” You sir, are a fine young man. As for Mr. Kiffin, umm...D-BAG!!!
More later as we ponder Cavaliers & this week's rooting interests....

2 comments:

  1. I'm impressed that you found an mp3 version of the song. I couldn't find it anywhere.

    ReplyDelete
  2. email me at gtbarrelofrum@gmail.com & I'll burn you a copy. You can find it with google search.
    Chef

    ReplyDelete