- QB Josh Nesbitt has a "tweaked" ankle according to CPJ and practiced Monday in a red (non-contact) jersey. Nesbitt was held out of Tuesday's practice (full pads/contact) as a precaution. He should play Saturday and be fine.
- WR Stephen Hill has a thigh bruise and has been practicing in red
- A-back Embry Peeples has an ankle sprain & did not practice yesterday. Our guess is he's 50/50 to go against Clemson. RS frosh Daniel McKayhan would start on the return unit in Peeples place while freshman Orwin Smith would play on offense for Peeples (with Marcus Wright getting an increase in snaps).
- Guards Cord Howard & Omoregie Uzzi have practiced in red all week but we expect to see both players on Saturday
- DT Ben Anderson is out against Clemson (lower leg) and is still on crutches. They have not announced the type or severity of the injury but I don't expect to see Ben again this year. Anderson had been our most productive lineman after Derrick Morgan and has made significant progress this year. This means T.J. Barnes will have to step up & play significant snaps in the rotation with Peters & Walls. I also expect to see freshman Izaan Cross at DT on passing downs.
- On the long term front, safety Cooper Taylor will be ready for spring ball. DE Robert Hall had successful knee surgery & hopes to be ready this spring.
Wednesday, December 2, 2009
Thought we'd give some status reports before we begin to dissect Clemson & the ACCCG this weekend:
Posted by Barrel of Rum at 8:33 AM